A healthy community, a healthier world!
We encourage all communities to share in an ongoing commitment to sustainable living. A greener community is not only a healthier place to live, but it can be more energy and water efficient and less expensive to operate. Building green requires attention during the complete building life cycle – using better siting, design, construction, operation, maintenance and removal to create a healthier environment.
Lowering consumption, sharing resources and incorporating the following green features:
- Reducing home energy use and using renewable energy where possible
- Reducing home water use and protecting water resources
- Selecting an environmentally friendly location
- Maximizing passive solar heating and cooling
- Choosing greener home building materials and household products
- Reducing waste from home construction
- Reducing waste from household activities
- Increasing recycling by making it convenient