Our long-term vision is to inspire and create 10 communities in Utah; including urban, suburban, rural/small town settings. Once we have a site secured and a core group, a new community doesn’t take any longer than a traditional residential development – approximately 18-24 months.
Each community will offer single level living for 20-35 households; nestled around a large common house and beautiful gardens to create the atmosphere of an old-fashioned village. Depending on the location and size of the property each community will include small individual homes, townhomes, condominiums or a mix of each.
The goal is to downsize our footprint and upsize our community. The common house becomes the social center of the community with optional group meals shared at least three or four times a week and guest quarters for visiting family and friends.
Typically, residents own their private resident and a share of the common areas and land – like the legal structure of a condominium. However, we are currently exploring new development models to help create a mix of affordable and rental units, making it more accessible all income levels.
Typical features and guiding principles:
- 20-35 smaller homes cluster around the common house
- Residents help drive the mission and vision of the community
- The site design promotes privacy within community
- Universal design features are found throughout the buildings and grounds
- A shared vision for an environmentally-friendly lifestyle and building green
- A shared support system – including co-care & community-based services
The Common House:
- Typically, 4,000-6,000 square feet
- Large dining room
- Commercial kitchen
- 2-3 Guest rooms
- Workshop and/or craft room
- Workout room
- Other options may include a theater, library, billiard room, laundry, pool
- Modern design with smart spaces that allow a smaller footprint
- Single houses, townhomes, or condo/apartments
- Entry “portal” facing common space
- Sizes ranging from 700-1,100 sq. ft.
- Fully equipped kitchen
- 1 & 2 Bedrooms, 1 & 2 Bath
- Exterior covered courtyards or patios for privacy
- Attached garage space